Looking to try out some board games like Betrayal at House on the Hill? Then you've come to the right place. We've put together 14 options for your next game night.
Let’s check them out – here’s a quick list of our favorites and where to find them
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Pandemic||View on Amazon|
|Last Night on Earth||View on Amazon|
|Elder Sign||View on Amazon|
|Mansions of Madness||View on Amazon|
|Castle Ravenloft||View on Amazon|
- Offers cooperative play for two to four players who work together to try to stop viruses from spreading throughout the world and killing humanity.
- Players have to use their actions to be able to move between the various hotspots of the world while setting up research stations and treating the diseases that they find.
- Each player can provide the others with the necessary cards to try to win.
- Random epidemics can stop any advances made, making it difficult to win.
- Offers great replay options.
- The rules are fairly easy to understand and to explain, which means that this game can easily be enjoyed by younger players, as well.
Last Night on Earth
- Features eight different heroes to control, as well as a modular game board that will ensure that gameplay is different each time.
- Players can opt to play as heroes who are busy trying to fight back hordes of the undead or they can choose instead to play as a zombie, trying to spread a plague around the town.
- There are multiple scenarios to choose from, allowing players to enjoy a new game each time they decide to play.
- Ideal for between two to six players, although players can easily team up if there are too many people who want to play.
- Perfect for Lovecraft fans, this game is set in a horror situation that is sure to be thrilling to all players.
- Standard games tend to last between one and two hours.
- Innovative dice mechanics prevent the game from slowing down and from gameplay becoming boring.
- Players are pitted against monsters in their quest to find the Elder Signs that are hidden in the game so that they can win.
- Tends to be a little tense, but doesn’t feature a lot of storytelling, so this game doesn’t become so involved that players won’t be able to enjoy a fast game with friends.
Mansions of Madness
- This cooperative game can be played by one person or up to five, making it great to keep on hand for game nights.
- The companion app is necessary to play the game, and is available on Mac, iOS, windows, and Android devices.
- There are four different campaigns that players can choose to enjoy, and all have different difficulties and lengths.
- 32 plastic figures are included and are a part of the more than 500 different components that are included in the game.
- There are a number of game expansions, downloadable content, and possibilities that you can enjoy with this game to ensure a new experience each time.
- Shorter gameplay of only around one hour, and can be enjoyed by just one player or up to five.
- Includes great components, such as 40 plastic monsters and heroes, 200 treasure and encounter cards, 20-sided die, and 13 sheets of cardstock dungeon tiles that are moveable and interlocking.
- With challenging quests and multiple scenarios to choose from, it’s easy for players to set up a new game that nobody has played before, which will keep people from getting bored when enjoying this game.
- There are many different expansions that can be used with this game.
- Miniatures are high quality and built to last without breaking or being damaged.
Mice and Mystics
- Players are cunning mice who have to be able to traverse a human castle to serve their king.
- There are countless terrors that players will face when moving through the castle.
- With different mice to play as, each with their own set of strengths and weaknesses, it’s easy for players to enjoy a new game each time they try to play.
- The ever-changing environment prevents players from feeling like they are in control and will keep the game exciting and moving along at a fast pace.
- Use the Cheese System to horde cheese crumbs that can be used to unlock new abilities.
- Perfect for one to four players, everyone playing has to work together to find the hidden treasure on the island and escape to the helicopter before the water covers the island.
- The fast pace of this game is very exciting, and since the rules are so easy to explain and understand, it’s a great game for beginners.
- Players enjoy cooperative play and have to help each other to achieve their goals.
- Because the landscape is always changing, it’s important that players are able to update their strategy on a regular basis for the best possible results.
- Exciting gameplay is great for people who haven’t played games in a while, as it is interesting, but very easy to understand.
- Great option for players who aren’t interested in a very competitive gaming experience.
- While it is a lot of fun to play with up to six players, one person can play this game by themselves and enjoy the gameplay.
- Through drawing, discarding, fighting monsters, and moving pieces, players work hard to defend the castle in the game.
- Has a number of different expansion packs that can be added to make the game more interesting, involved, or lengthy.
Legend of Drizzt
- The multiple scenarios, cooperative gameplay, and challenging different quests that players can enjoy will keep people coming back over and over.
- Perfect for one to five players who want to play either this game by itself or combined with other D&D board games that are on the market.
- Features 42 different monsters and heroes that are moved around on the 13 different sheets of cardstock tiles.
- Because the game board is different for each game, it’s easy to set up a new experience that nobody has played before.
- All of the components are incredibly durable, making this game one that can stand up to regular play.
Wrath of Ashardalon
- Enjoy cooperative gameplay through a number of different challenging scenarios and quests that are sure to keep you interested in this great game.
- Thanks to the fast and enjoyable gameplay, there isn’t a lot of downtime in this game, which can tend to be boring for new players.
- Enjoy high-quality components that are designed to withstand years of use and gaming without showing signs of wear and tear.
- Game rules are involved, but are generally very easy to understand, which means that you can easily start playing, even if you don’t have a lot of experience with board games.
Escape! The Curse of the Temple
- This game is perfect for players who are looking for a game that has a very short playing time, as it averages around 10 minutes.
- It’s perfect for players who have a shorter attention span or for when you don’t have a lot of time for a long and involved game.
- The rules are very easy to understand, and since the game is cooperative play, there isn’t a lot of conflict between players.
- There are multiple expansions that can be used to change the gameplay and make the game more enjoyable.
- The high speed of the game combined with all of the action of multiple people rolling dice and moving is a lot of fun and will keep people from being bored.
- Supernatural horror game that takes about one hour for one to four players to play.
- The high-quality components are designed to last through hours of play, they are attractive, and they feature bright colors that make them very easy to see and use.
- Choose a difficulty mode based on the skills of the people you are playing with, and slowly advance to harder modes as you get better at this game.
- Fast setup means that getting this game ready to play doesn’t take a long time at all.
- Even the easiest mode is still difficult, which is sure to make advancing more fun.
Fury of Dracula
- Game of deduction requires players to think and plan ahead to make sure that they are able to win the game.
- One player plays as Dracula, while the others are hunters who are trying to track him down.
- The standard-size playing cards are easy for players of all ages to hold and to handle.
- Offers great replay value as players can easily switch between characters when they are in the mood for something different.
- The redesigned rulebook makes following the rules and setting up the game easier than ever before.
- Attractive cards, fully painted figures, and incredible map are all included.
- Offers short playing time of only 30 minutes, which is perfect when you don’t have time for a much longer game.
- Players have to try to catch a criminal mastermind in Scotland.
- Fast paced game is very intense, but is incredibly easy to learn, which means that it is great for players who may not be familiar with this type of game.
- 13 rounds are played in each game, with Mister X moving and then the players trying to catch the criminal.
- There are a few different ways that the game can end.
- While it’s best with three to six players, this game can be played with two if you don’t have anyone else to join the game.