Trying to find the best board games for small groups? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re listing out 14 fantastic options that will keep small groups of people entertained for hours on end. People might even forget they have their cell phone!
Let’s check them out – here’s a quick list of our favorites and where to find them
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Spaceteam||View on Amazon|
|Codenames||View on Amazon|
|View on Amazon|
|Secret Hitler||View on Amazon|
|Unstable Unicorns||View on Amazon|
Even though the rounds in this game are so fast, it’s still a lot of fun and is sure to become a favorite. All players must participate and try to help each other repair their spaceship, yelling over each other in the process so that they can be heard.
- Fast game only takes five minutes to play
- Players work together to try to repair a spaceship before time runs out
- Gorgeous cards are made from plastic, so they can’t be damaged by a spilled drink
- Teamwork is crucial if players have any chance of salvaging their ship
- Available expansion packs are a great way to keep the fun going longer
While not as fast paced as other word games, this fun game requires players to really think outside of the box and pay attention to what their teammates are saying. It’s only by careful consideration of the words being used that players will uncover their secret agents without dying.
- 2 teams of players compete against each other to try to find their secret agents
- Great for just a few players, but works really well with a crowd
- Players must avoid the assassin and uncovering the other team’s agents
- Through powers of deduction and verbal clues, players find their agents
- The team who uncovers their agents first is the winner
Not only will players feel pitted against each other in this fun game, but they must make sure to stay on their toes if they have any chance of discovering who the vampire is before it’s too late. The great companion app makes the game even more immersive.
- Every player has his or her own secret role, giving him or her powers to use during the game
- Players take part in a phase where they change roles, resulting in more uncertainty
- After changing roles, players only have 5 minutes to find the vampire
- Great for up to 10 players
- Can be combined with other “One Night” games for an even more intense game
Set in Germany in the 1930s, this game is tense and exciting as players try to determine who is a liberal, who is a fascist, and who they can trust. With a little luck thrown in to keep things interesting, this game is exciting and makes people think.
- This fast-paced game relies on deception and cunning for players to win
- Not just fun, it features a gorgeous game and wooden components
- Filled with betrayal and political intrigue, this is a dramatic game
- Players are split into 2 teams but don’t know who is on their team
- Requires players to think outside of the box and causes distrust, making the game fun
Friendships are sure to be tested during this fun group game. Not only are players trying to get ahead by getting the most unicorns for their armies, but they also have to pay attention to how the other players are doing so they can backstab them, if possible, to slow them down.
- Great for up to 8 players, allows for between 30-45 minutes of play
- Players work on their own to build an army of unicorns so that they can betray their friends
- With 7 unicorns to capture, this game requires strategy and some luck
- Simple drawing and playing game mechanism is easy for all players to understand
- Players are keen to backstab winners, so it’s important for winners to pace themselves
Even players who can’t sing very well can still enjoy playing this fun game, as long as they are familiar with songs and can think of some off the top of their head. It’s a fun game that keeps everyone laughing and having fun as they try to name new songs.
- All players can participate, no matter their singing talent
- Up to 10 players or more, on teams, is recommended for the best play
- Players try to come up with songs that have certain words in them
- No skill is necessary, and all generations can participate
- Players try to come up with the most tunes featuring a certain word, pitting teams against each other
Any player who has a smartphone can easily participate in this fun and fast game, making it a game that can transcend generations and keep all players interested. The fun questions are all varied, so nobody will be able to completely dominate the board.
- With 1,200 questions and challenges, this game has great replay value
- There are 6 categories to choose from, which means that everyone has a chance to win
- Perfect for ages 13 and up and can support huge groups of people
- Players race to answer questions using their smartphones
- Perfect trivia game for players who aren’t good at regular trivia
By taking control of the most cards in this game, players will not only be victorious, but also be able to limit the words that are used on future cards. This is a loud game that is sure to have players screaming at each other in an attempt to be heard over the noise.
- Fun social game that is great for adults
- Shorter rounds of just 20-30 minutes prevent players from getting board
- Sure to cause uproarious laughter with more than three players
- With 150 cards to choose from, the game can be played over and over
- Players draw cards with categories, match the symbols, and then race to give examples
Perfect for breaking the ice with players of all ages, this fun game is engaging and can be played over and over. It’s a fast-paced game that requires players to think on their feet when trying to determine what others drew, even if the sketch isn’t that great.
- Original sketching game is a play on “telephone”
- Players don’t have to be artists to enjoy playing this fun game
- With eight books, erasable markers, and cleaning cloths, this is great for a group
- There are more than 1,700 rods to be sketched out in the game
- Players must draw what they see, and then others have to guess what they drew
This is a fast-paced game that is a lot of fun since players have so much to think about when playing. In addition to managing their hand, they must also keep an eye on what their competition is doing, as this will allow them to try to control the game with the best combos.
- Expanded version of the game is a great option for larger groups to play together
- Requires player to understand hand management, card drafting, and set collection
- The simultaneous action selection keeps this game from getting boring
- Players earn points by making sushi combos
- By choosing a la carte from dishes, players can try to improve their score and make great combos
No matter how good a person is at regular trivia, this fun game is designed to level the playing field. It’s a great option for a wide range of ages and allows players to try to guess the answers to ridiculous questions, all while making wagers so that if they are right they will enjoy a great payout during the game.
- Great kid friendly game that is perfect for playing with all ages
- Improved components make this updated version even more enjoyable
- Players all guess on crazy questions to try to come up with the closest answer
- Feels like betting in Vegas, thanks to the betting mat and payout odds
- Lucky answers win the jackpot
Not only can players buy their way into winning this game, but they must rely on their skills of intimidation to have the best chance at walking away with the most money from the game. Using cards and foam guns, players compete for more than their fair share.
- Additional expansions make the game even more fun
- Hilarious art will keep all players laughing
- Every player wants a bigger cut of a heist, and they must try to intimidate each other into getting it
- The bravest crook is the one who will walk away with the most money
- By collecting sets of loot, players can help to maximize the money they earn
During this game, players visit 12 cities and use their cows in an effort to try to find bombs that are hidden around and in the countryside. The fun graphics and silly nature of this game make it a fun one to play with a group of friends.
- There are unexploded bombs in the French countryside, and players must get rid of them
- By using cows to walk through the field, players try to earn the most money
- Each player spends money buying cows and walking them through the field
- Players want their cows to find bombs and explode for a bigger payout
- Using a die, players determine which cow finds a bomb, trying to win the most money
It can be difficult to get friends to tell each other what they really think, but this game has players putting it all out on the line. The shocking questions and answers that players will hear are sure to make them laugh when they see themselves through other’s eyes.
- Shocking and brutal questions make it fun to learn about other players
- There are 390 hilarious cards, including 270 question cards, voting cards, and identity cards
- Up to 10 people can play at once, keeping the game fun
- Perfect savage game for a game night with friends
- Includes the red expansion pack for even more fun