Trying to find the Best Board Games for an 8 Year Old Boy? In this guide, we’re listing out 14 fantastic options that will keep your eight-year old entertained and might even be fun for the adults as well!
Let’s check them out – here’s a quick list of our favorites and where to find them
|Image||Product||Where to Buy|
|Monopoly Junior||View on Amazon|
|Sorry!||View on Amazon|
|Rush Hour Traffic Jam||View on Amazon|
|Totally Gross: The Game of Science||View on Amazon|
|Cat Crimes||View on Amazon|
Classic Monopoly is, unfortunately, a little too advanced for boys who have just turned 8, but this is a great option for families who want to enjoy this great game. Designed to be fun for both parents and kids, this game is fast paced and doesn’t last very long, which will prevent boys from getting bored when playing.
- Scaled-down version of the classic game has faster gameplay and is easier to understand
- Simple money system makes counting fast and easy
- Cute gameboard and figures will intrigue all boys
- Simple transactions and buying system for property makes game fun
- Updated properties, such as the pet store and skate park, are fun for younger boys to buy
Not only does this game feature fast-paced action, but the easy turn system and simple card mechanics keep players moving without slowing down. This means that all players, regardless of their age, will have an easy time understanding how the game works and how to improve their chances of winning.
- Cards encourage basic counting, which is a great way to practice this skill
- Easy directions make learning how to play the game faster than ever
- Includes brightly colored pawns, cards, and gameboard to keep boys interested
- Interactive digital content makes this a fully immersive game
- Players will learn how to strategize moving their pawns to take down their opponents
The setup for this game is fast and easy, although the game itself may take a bit longer to finish. This makes it great for boys who are highly analytical and who want to slowly work their way through the various levels by moving cars and trucks out of the way.
- Classic strategy game is great for players to play on their own or with the help of an adult
- Carefully moving up through the levels allows players to work on difficult challenges slowly
- 40 different challenges are designed to last for a long time
- Brightly colored pieces and compact board make this great for taking on the go
- Perfect for boys who are interested in logic and want to think through their problems
Educational games can still be fun, as this great game shows. Not only will boys love learning about fun areas of science, but getting to act out gross things will keep all players engaged and laughing. The fun board and other components add to the enjoyment of the game and prevent it from becoming boring.
- Perfect for boys who love gross science, this game is great for teaching through silly questions
- Acting out fun challenges keeps players engaged and involved
- Topics include anatomy, astronomy, chemistry, geology, biology, and physics
- Great for up to four players
- 140 question cards, 30 lab cards, and 50 gross-out cards are great for extended gaming sessions
This is a great strategy game that requires deep thinking and can be played by just one boy or can be enjoyed by a few players at once. By satisfying the clues on the challenge cards, players can place cat tokens around the board in an effort to solve the puzzle.
- Clear instructions make playing this game fast and easy
- There are 40 beginner to expert challenges to choose from, so players can improve their skills and strategy
- Familiar puzzle style game is great for new players
- Sequential reasoning is required to place the cats around the table in the correct locations
- Each challenge is different and will have different clues that players must consider when solving the puzzle
Coding is an important skill for boys to have, and this game makes understanding coding easier than ever before. By creating code to help move tokens across the map, players will carefully collect crystals in an effort to beat the level that they are on. When a sequence is created correctly, then the token will move in the correct order across the map.
- Great for developing critical thinking skills
- Multi-level challenges are perfect for boys who improve their thinking skills during play
- With 60 solvable levels and 10 maps to choose from, the game stays interesting
- Clear instructions and durable tokens help the game last
- Players collect crystals by programming the movement of their tokens
This turn-based game is a lot more involved than it may look, partly because all of the pieces need to be carefully moved and controlled to take over the board. By linking pieces and understanding how the links can be rearranged, players can slowly gain more power when competing.
- Strategy game is great for boys to develop their logical thinking
- Addictive gameplay is fast and easy to understand
- Boards are simple to put together, but the game can be involved and highly complicated
- By placing pieces and connecting them, players slowly try to take over the board
- Requires spatial reasoning and thinking to succeed
Not unlike the classic Trivial Pursuit game, this fun option is great for families with younger children. The fun questions are sure to keep everyone on their toes and will result in laughter and fun. It’s a great game for family game night, but can also be enjoyed by a group of younger friends playing together.
- Features 1,200 questions for great replay value
- Cards for adults and separate cards for kids ensure that everyone can enjoy the game
- Players can play on teams or separately
- Faster pace is great for 8-year old boys
- With six categories of questions to choose from, every player will be able to participate
In this fun game, kids compete to become the Wimpy Kid Champion. By completing challenges on challenge cards, they carefully move around the board in an effort to reach the last four spaces first. Completing challenges allows players to move ahead, but failing will cause them to go backwards.
- Players must complete challenges before they run out of time
- With 90 game cards and original art by Jeff Kinney, this game is great for fans of the books
- Fast gameplay ensures that players stay involved and prevents boredom
- Fun tokens make it easy for up to six players to play at once
- Three categories of challenges make each turn unique
All fantasy lovers are sure to enjoy this fast game with impressive artwork and clear rules. The wit and humor captured in this game make it a wonderful option for families who have a sense of humor about their games and love to laugh together.
- Players have the option on each turn to try to capture a creature from their opponents
- The fun and fast pace of this dice-rolling game keeps players involved
- With 42 cards, the deck is constantly changing, which is great for replay value
- Players must determine their own strategy of attack to win the game
- Simple rules make the game easy to learn, but the game itself is incredibly engaging
By keeping a secret from other players what treasure each player is after, this strategy game becomes even more difficult. Every player is after a certain treasure, but with a constantly changing board and players blocking the path, the way to win is harder than ever.
- The ever-moving board makes it harder for players to capture the treasure that they are after
- Great replay value as the board and the goals change from game to game
- Simple illustrations make this a great option for boys who struggle to read
- Durable cards are thick enough to stand up to regular play without bending or fraying
- Planning ahead is smart, but being able to change plans quickly is key
It can be difficult to get some boys playing board games, especially if they would rather play with their electronics or be outside. This fun board game is sure to capture the imagination of any baseball fan. With plenty of opportunities for social interaction and a balance of strategy and luck, it’s a lot of fun.
- Great for baseball fans who can’t get enough of the sport in the off season
- Offers basic, as well as advanced, play options to keep players intrigued
- Relies on both chance and strategy, which means that nobody can guess the outcome
- Flexible rules are easy to understand and to change to fit the abilities of the players
- Attractive game board is basic and easy to use
Nonreaders, as well as older players, will enjoy this fun and fast game. Most boys love robots, which makes searching for the correct head for each body enjoyable. This is a great way to sharpen visual discrimination without boys realizing that they’re learning.
- Players work to match heads to robot bodies
- By using the Robot Randomizer and searching for a match, players compete to find the right head as quickly as possible
- While designed for younger players, the fun graphics are great for older boys who are struggling to read
- 120 different robot heads and 20 scoring tokens make this interactive game fun
- All players play at the same time, reducing boredom while waiting for a turn
Not only will boys get to express their creative side when making their own video game rooms, but they can then play them on the free app. This makes this a wonderful option for boys who want to learn how to code and create their own games.
- Great alternative to playing video games, this board game allows boys to build their own
- Physical and digital tools are used together to allow for the creation of fun games
- Free companion app is easy to use and allows for the game to be taken on the go
- There are 320 included blocks to make designing levels easy
- Players learn quickly how to design game rooms for a custom play experience