Trying to find the best board games for 6 or more players? In this article, we’ve listed out 14 options that are going to keep your large parties entertained for hours and hours on end…
Let’s see the games…
Each player commands one of 17 civilizations, trying to take over the universe. Through political moves, allegiances, warfare, and trade, players can slowly take over the board and their opponents. Every faction offers a different way to play.
- With more than 1,000 components, this game has great replay value even for six people
- Random board setup ensures that the game is never the same twice
- Great for ages 14+ who are willing to sit for a longer game
- Features innovative game systems to require players to make strategic decisions
- Tactical strategy and impressive storytelling makes this game of galactic conquest thrilling
Although the base game only works for up to five players, adding expansions allows more players to take part in the battles and the drama that this game offers. With plenty of fast action, impressive cards and components, and exciting aliens to choose from, this game is never boring.
- With 100 plastic ships and 50 alien races, this game is never boring
- Play can last for up to two hours
- Players control alien civilizations in an effort to expand across the galaxy
- Each planet is already under control of someone else, and battles ensue
- Players win when they are able to colonize five planets beyond their own system
All players enjoying this game must understand the diplomacy, religion, economics, and policies of 1517 to 1555 in Europe. The game can be played as a three to four hour tournament or as a full campaign for twice the amount of time.
- Set during the European wars of the Reformation period
- 110 color strategy cards add to the thrill and involvement of the game
- Detailed economics, army composition, and siege systems make the game involved
- Players must take into consideration religious conversion, exploration, and more
- By forming alliances and enjoying impressive game mechanics, this game of exploration and conquest is thrilling
Fighting against a corrupt government has never been easy, especially when there are spies working with them. With highly valued deduction elements, as well as important social elements, this involved game is tricky and demanding.
- Every player is involved through the end of the game, defeating boredom
- Players must feel confident in their ability to lie and to determine when others are lying
- With a short playtime of just 30 minutes, it’s great for a fast game
- Players are resistance fighters working against a corrupt government
- By determining who is a spy and taking them down, players have a better chance of success
This game requires players to plan and build their own track, as well as learn how to best control and maneuver their car to win. A fast game, it’s a great option for younger players to enjoy, as well. The fast action of the game keeps players intrigued, as every little change that they make will have a huge impact on who wins the game.
- Each player must build their own car, bringing an element of design to the game
- Players work to flick their car down a track to try to win
- By learning how to change the flick technique and adjust the track, players can improve their chances of winning
- Penalties for crossing out of the track can instantly set a player back in the ranks
- Made of wood, this game is designed to last for years
Not all party games have great replay value, but this one does. Designed to be easy to learn how to play, the clear rules make it simple for even or odd numbers of players to join in. With different rules for each round, players are always on their toes.
- With more than 800 titles to guess, this is a great party game
- Includes rules for an optional four hour round to keep the game going
- Players must guess names of famous books, TV shows, songs, movies, and more
- Fun party game that allows players to let loose and be loud
- Dividing players into two teams allows teams to compete against each other and alliances to form
In this game players will enjoy the ability to change the political environment of the game to better suit their own ambitions. With control of the military, plenty of political power up for grabs, and deals to be made, this fast-paced game is great for ambitious players.
- Ancient Roman theme makes this a great game for history buffs
- Amazing art makes players feel enveloped in the game
- Offers up to five hours of play
- Players compete against each other in a bid to control the Senate
- Each player must balance their own personal ambitions as well as the Senate’s welfare
Not only can this game be played on its own, but it can also be played with additional werewolf and vampire games to improve the battles and increase the stress. It’s a great game with very simple rules, allowing large groups to start playing right away.
- Every player in this game has a unique role to play
- Since the players can all choose new roles on subsequent games, it offers great replay value
- With a secret night phase that requires player to change roles, this game keeps players on their toes
- Each player is trying to find out who among them is the werewolf
- Included app makes the game even more engaging and exciting
Since the board for this game is created through the laying of tiles, it’s constantly changing and different, which adds to the fear and pressure that players feel when playing. With 44 room tiles to choose from and 80 cards to affect play, it’s a stressful game that players love.
- Cooperative game that reduces some of the stress players feel when competing
- Prepainted plastic figures and special tokens help to bring the game to life
- A great combination of strategy and horror, this game will keep people guessing
- With multiple scenarios and a changing layout, this game is different every time it is played
- Great for younger players who are 12+
This city-building game requires players to manage their resources while at the same time trying to expand their reach and control. With many different characters to choose from, as well as impressive art on each of the cards, it’s an involved and gorgeous game to play.
- New version includes 12 new districts as well as nine new characters
- It’s easy to adjust this game to be enjoyed by younger players
- Players compete against each other to become the Master Builder
- By gathering gold and building districts, players complete their cities and impress the monarchy
- Plotting, scheming, and backstabbing are all encouraged as players compete
This is a great strategy game for players who want to compete with each other to control robots. By choosing the trajectory of robots and taking into consideration the obstacles that are in their way, players can carefully move them across the board in an effort to reach targets.
- Shorter playtime of just 30 minutes
- Great game that is ideal for up to 16 players at once
- Players must learn how to optimize their moves to move robots to reach their destination
- Modular board makes each game different and exciting
- Color-coded targets are the goals of each robot, creating chaos on the board
Unlike other strategy games that require expansion and military domination, the simple design of this game is part of what makes it so appealing, as well as so difficult. Not only must players decide where to plant their beans, but they also must try to sell them to opponents.
- Each player tries to collect as many beans as possible to sell for gold
- By trading and collecting beans, players pack as much growth as possible into smaller fields
- There are 154 bean cards, which means that players can pack their fields full of beans
- Strategy is important when planning where to plant bean plants
- The player who has the most money at the end of the game is the winner
While there are some domination games that rely on the roll of the dice to see who comes out on top, this game requires players to create and maintain strong allegiances to win. Subtle power struggles are common, as are shifting borders and daring gambits.
- Classic game involves treachery, trust, and intrigue, which is great for older players
- Players are set in Europe and are trying to make allegiances to control the continent
- Only by forming the best alliances will players be able to control Europe
- Both a cooperation and a competition game, this game is easy to learn, but tricky to master
- With impressive artwork and shifting power struggles, the game stays interesting
This stressful game pits one player against everyone else in an effort to hunt them down. Hunted players have survival cards to try to hide from the creature, while the hunter has hunt cards to make finding them easier. The 55 place cards are all gorgeous locations for the hunted players to hide.
- Small amount of deck building speeds up the action in this game
- Players must rely on good hand management to correctly control their cards
- One player acts as the creature who is working against the hunted on the island
- Hunted players explore the board and try to survive the creature
- The creature tries to individually pick off all of the other players